Many times, I upload posts to RIDE Solutions’ Facebook page publicizing the benefits of the RIDE Solutions app as they pertain to the environment as well as our pocketbooks. I also mention that one can earn points toward rewards every time a green trip is logged, however, I have rarely been very specific about what those rewards are. That is the subject of this blog.
Whenever an individual decides to become a RIDE Solutions member by signing up for the free RIDE Solutions app, they typically do so knowing that they can use the app as a ride matching tool to coordinate with other carpoolers going in similar directions. They also are aware of the fact that they can earn points toward rewards for logging green trips. In fact, they receive 1,000 points just to become a member.
But what do these rewards consist of? Mainly, they are discounts – such as coupons for “mom and pop” as well as nationally-recognized retail, food, and entertainment/recreational establishments and destinations. They also consist of opportunities to enter drawings for the chance to win generous prizes. Each RIDE Solutions member may not be given the same offers (these are determined by Agile Mile, the company which operates the RIDE Solutions app), but below is a list of offers that were provided to me for my telework sessions.
- Circle K, Martinsville – Free medium coffee with purchase
- Papa John’s Pizza – Enjoy 25% off regular menu price orders online
- The Bread Basket, Floyd – Enjoy 10% off any purchase
- Downshift Hand Crafted Bikes & Brews, Roanoke – 50% off any food/beverage order
- Hobby Lobby, Danville – 40% off one item at regular price
- Harbor Freight Tools, Danville – Enjoy 20% off any single item
- Dunham’s Sports, Danville – 20% off the regular price of one item
- Tudor House Mercantile, Riner – Buy 1 natural goats milk soap get 1 50% off
- Dunham’s Sports, Martinsville – 25% off the regular price of one footwear item
- History Museum & Historic Soc of Western Va, Roanoke – Enjoy up to 4 admissions at 50% off the regular price
- All In One Adventures Escape Rooms, Roanoke – 50% off the purchase of a one person play session
- Curves, Rocky Mount – Join curves today and get 50% off the enrollment fee
- Tire, Martinsville – Free flat repair
- America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Danville – $20 off complete eyeglasses
- Whitlock’s Garage, Floyd – Enjoy lifetime tire rotation with the purchase of 4 tires
- Omaha Steaks – 10% off + free shipping
- Keurig – 20% off beverages
- Books-A-Million – 10% off $25, 15% off $50, or 20% off $125
- Shari’s Berries – 10% off sitewide
- Lenovo – 5% off any PC
In addition to the sampling of offers outlined above, you’ll be able to use your points to enter drawings to win generous gift card prizes! For example, this week, RIDE Solutions is holding a drawing for RIDE Solutions members to win one of two $50 gift cards.
In addition to saving money on your commutes or non-work trips, helping to protect the environment, or perhaps working to improve or maintain your health through walking or biking, the sampling of the offers I’ve outlined above is a great incentive to join RIDE Solutions and earn points toward great rewards, such as those noted above! All you need to do to join is go to www.ridesolutions.org, click on “Login/Create Account,” and “Join.” From there, all you’ll need to do is enter your first and last name, your email address, and a password. That’s it!
If you have any questions, please contact myself, Joseph Bonanno at Jbonanno@wppdc.org or (276) 638-3987. Happy New Year!