Last night I had the chance to sit on a panel discussion for the the Western and Central Virginia chapter of the Aging in Place Council. The discussion was preceded by a keynote presentation from Dr. Nancy Brossoie, a research associate with the Virginia Tech Center for Gerontology.
RIDE Solutions has registered the following new rideshare opportunities in the Roanoke and New River Valleys. To see if you are a potential match, register online and we will send you a match letter with contact information for all potential carpool partners. You can also view of map of all current carpool origins in the Carpool section of the RIDE Solutions website.
- Roanoke (24014) to Salem from 7:45am to 5:15pm.
- Roanoke (24015) to Salem from 7:30am to 4pm.
- Roanoke (24016) to Roanoke (24015) from 7:50am to 4:45pm.
- Roanoke (24015) or Salem to Roanoke (24015) from 6pm to 10pm.
- Roanoke (24017) to Roanoke (24015) from 8am to 2pm.
- Roanoke (24013) to Roanoke (24015) from 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Rocky Mount to Roanoke (24015) from 9:30am to 4:00pm.
- Roanoke (24019) to Roanoke (24015) from 11am to 4pm.
- Thaxton to Roanoke (24015) from 10am to 11:15am.
- Roanoke (24017) to Roanoke (24015) from 11am to 9pm.
- Daleville to Roanoke (24015) from 10am to 3:45pm.
- Roanoke (24013) to Salem from 8am to 4:30pm.
RIDE Solutions offer free carpool matching and Guaranteed Ride Home benefits for everyone who carpools, bikes, walks, takes the bus or telecommutes to work instead of driving alone. We are a free public service of the Roanoke Valley-Alleghany Regional Commission and the New River Valley Planning District Commission.
By providing transportation alternatives in the Roanoke area, RIDE Solutions improves regional air quality, reduces traffic congestion, and helps create a sustainable transportation infrastructure.