Explore Your Transit Options
Request a free Bus, Bike, Hike map
Complete this simple form and we’ll send you a copy of our updated 2014 Bus, Bike, Hike map, with details on Roanoke-regional bus routes and schedules, greenways, trails, and more
Benefits of Transit
Taking public transit is great way for commuters to save money, wear and tear on their vehicle, improve regional air quality and include a healthy activity in your day. And commuters can use the travel time to read or relax.
- Provides an economical alternative to your monthly gas bill
- Provides time to read, relax, view emails
- Provides a tangible way to positively impact local air quality by reducing a commuter’s carbon footprint
- Can possibly reduce auto insurance. Contact your auto insurance agent, some insurers will change the status of your vehicle to “leisure auto” and lower your auto premium.
- Possible tax break. The Commuter Tax Benefit program allows commuters the opportunity to pay for a portion of their commuting expenses with pre-tax dollars.
RIDE Solutions can help you find the best transit option and as a RIDE Solutions member, are eligible for the Guaranteed Ride Home program.
Get There By Rail
Amtrak service to anywhere in the country can be accessed via Lynchburg and Clifton Forge. The Smart Way Connector Service from the Roanoke Civic Center to Lynchburg’s Kemper Street Station provides bus transportation directly to the morning train to Washington DC and points beyond.