We’ve Got You Covered
Have you considered carpooling, cycling, or taking transit to work, but are worried about being stranded? Don’t! RIDE Solutions Guaranteed Ride Home Program provides any registered member a free ride home in the event of an emergency. This commuting “insurance policy” is your assurance you will not get stranded at work. This free program is available for up to four (4) free rides a year.
Who Is Eligible?
- You qualify for the Guaranteed Ride Home program if: you have an account with RIDE Solutions.
- You use alternative transportation – carpool, vanpool, walk, bike, or transit – to commute to work at least twice a week.
- You use alternative transportation on the day you use the GRH service.
- You are traveling FROM your worksite.
- The trip is for an emergency only.
What Constitutes an Emergency?
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime.
- Your carpooling vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early.
- You have a break-in, flood, or fire at your residence.
- Your rideshare partner becomes unavailable.
- If you are walking or biking, sudden bad weather can also justify a Guaranteed Ride Home use.
How Does it Work?
- Register for RIDE Solutions or log into your account.
- After a brief review, you will be notified that your GRH voucher is available.
- In the right-hand menu, click Guaranteed Ride Home voucher.
- Complete the short form on the voucher page.
- Click “Download GRH Voucher,” print, and complete.
- Your voucher will be good for 24 hours from the time that you print it.
- If you have trouble accessing your voucher or need to cancel it, contact RIDE Solutions and let us know.