The following is a list of some of the more commonly used and identified bicycling routes along some of the regions more easily biked roadways and often include greenway/trail connection points. This list is certainly not a comprehensive list of all roads that can be and are used by cyclists and does not include the many wonderful and frequently used rural long-distance road routes used by recreational and long-distance cycle commuters in the region. For other routes in your area, check with your local bike club or sites such as MapMyRide.com for routes created and shared by regional cyclists.
Request a Route
You can request information on safe bike routes directly from RIDE Solutions.
These routes offer various recreational, historical, and cultural tours of the region. If you’re interested in having a route developed for your neighborhood or interest group, get in touch with us.
None of these routes suit your commute route? Use our Interactive Bike Map to plot your own route using the Valley’s many bike amenities.
- Northwest Passage: Hollins to Downtown Roanoke
- The Railyard: Bonsack to Downtown Roanoke via Vinton
- The Chipotle: West County to Downtown
- Pike’s Pique: Downtown Salem to Downtown Roanoke
- Sidewinder: Southwest County to Downtown Roanoke
- Floodwaters: Garden City to Downtown Roanoke