Below is a list of some of the more commonly used and identified bicycling routes along some of the regions more easily biked roadways and often include greenway/trail connection points.
This list is certainly not a comprehensive list of all roads that can be and are used by cyclists. For other routes in your area, check with your local bike club or sites such as MapMyRide.com for routes created and shared by regional cyclists.
- Northwest Passage: Hollins to Downtown Roanoke
- The Railyard: Bonsack to Downtown Roanoke via Vinton
- The Chipotle: West County to Downtown
- Pike’s Pique: Downtown Salem to Downtown Roanoke
- Sidewinder: Southwest County to Downtown Roanoke
- Floodwaters: Garden City to Downtown Roanoke
- The Avenue: Boonsboro Road Food Lion to Downtown Lynchburg
- The Woodland: Boonsboro Road Food Lion to Downtown via Blackwater Creek Bikeway
- The Cranehill: Boonsboro Road Food Lion to Downtown via Blackwater Creek Bikeway and neighborhood roads.
None of these routes suit your commute route? Use our Interactive Bike Map to plot your own route using the Valley’s many bike amenities.
Were you looking for Self-Guided Tours?
Request a Route
You can request information on safe bike routes directly from RIDE Solutions.