Our Goal: 70,000 Miles Pledged
View the leaderboard for more Clean Commute Challenge updates.
Taking the pledge is easy – existing RIDE Solutions members just need to log in and click the Clean Commute Challenge on their account page. If you don’t have an account, make one – it’s fast and free – and you’re ready to go!
Accept the challenge to walk, bike, carpool, telecommute, or take public transportation this May with the annual Clean Commute Challenge. Explore your transportation options and earn entries to win great prizes, all while reducing your transportation costs, improving regional air quality, and spending more time doing the things you enjoy.
There are two ways to participate in the Clean Commute Challenge. Simply take the Clean Commute Pledge to be entered into weekly prize drawings, or take the pledge and log your trips to earn additional entries. You can log any kind of trip you would have taken by car – commute, business meeting, going out to eat and more.
And to celebrate bike month, every bicycle trip you log earns you TWO entries into all our prize drawings.
I Drive an Electric Car, Can I Take the Challenge?
While we think electric cars and other high-efficiency vehicles are great, we do not count those trips in the Clean Commute Challenge. Click here to read more on why.
- The Clean Commuter of the YearAwarded to the commuter who logs the most clean trips during May
- The Clean Commute Team of the Year
- Awarded to the Team that logs the most trips during May.
- Win a free breakfast hosted by RIDE Solutions at your worksite or group meeting (breakfast is valued at $250).
- RIDE Solutions swag
- Weekly and Monthly Prize Drawings
- Take the Clean Commute Pledge and earn 1 entry into each of our four weekly drawings on 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, and 5/25.
- Log a trip and earn an additional entry into each week’s drawing. Log a bicycle trip and earn two entries instead of one!
- Just some of the cool prizes you might win:
- Want to donate a prize? Contact Us
Park and Ride Facilities
Clean Commuters can explore their multi-modal commute options by driving their bicycle to any of the region’s park-and-rides and riding the rest of the way into work.
In Lynchburg, we’ve made a special arrangement with Liberty University to provide temporary park and ride space for the month of May.