The Bike Shorts Film Festival features shorts films produced by local, national and international filmmakers featuring bicycles, bicyclists, and bicycling in interesting, creative, and surprising ways. From music videos to zombie movies, the Bike Shorts Film Festival highlights some of the incredible creativity that southwest and central Virginia has to offer.
Featuring films from: Roanoke, Lynchburg, Pulaski, Hong Kong, Vancouver, Israel, and more!
For more information on each of our three screenings, select a venue from the list on the right.
Vote for your favorite 2015 Bike Shorts Film Festival selection with your views. Watch and share with friends – the film with the largest number of views by the end of Bike Month will walk away with the YouTube award and a $100 prize! Visit our YouTube channel to find and share your favorite entry from this year.
For 2015 we will have five prize categories:
- Juried Prize, $300: Best overall film, selected by a panel of judges drawn from the regional arts and film community.
- Best Local Film, $300: Best film submitted by a team from within the RIDE Solutions service area, selected by a panel of judges drawn from the regional arts and film community.
- Music Video, $300: Must feature an original song or piece of music. This category will also be selected by our panel of judges.
- People’s Choice, $100: The audience favorite, selected at the end of each Bike Shorts Film Festival screening. (3 total)
- YouTube Prize. $100: All submissions will be posted to our Bike Shorts Roanoke YouTube channel. At the end of May, the film with the most views will be awarded this prize.Note: We use YouTube’s video counts to score this award. YouTube’s algorithm for what counts as a “view” is not made public, but an explanation for what does and does not tend to count can be found here. In brief, YouTube does its best to count legitimate views by unique users, so tactics like constantly refreshing a video, multiple views a day by the same person, views after clearing your cache, and related actions are unlikely to increase your views significantly.
Follow us here on ridesolutions.org or keep up with our Facebook page for more info on prizes and prize categories.